BMC 2022-2023 Safety Protocols
First and Foremost: As members of the BMC community we share responsibility for each other’s safety. We expect all staff, faculty, and families to take responsibility for actions outside the BMC that might impact our interactions at the BMC. We understand that “best practices” around Covid continue to evolve. In order to keep everyone safe we encourage all participants to be attentive to their own health status, stay home when ill, and be considerate of the health of others.
Before you visit the Brattleboro Music Center you need to know the following:
- Our top priority is the safety of students, faculty and staff.
- We encourage all participants to be mindful of their own health status and be respectful of others’ needs.
- We encourage those who are eligible to get vaccinated and boosted.
- While Covid cases are at low and medium levels, masks are welcome on campus but not required. If covid case counts move into the “high” category, masks will be required for as long as that status holds.
- Changes in requirements will be posted at the BMC and on the website.
- Masks are still required for choral performance groups.
- Please wash hands or use hand sanitizer on the way to your lesson.
- If you are not feeling well, have any symptoms of illness, or have been recently exposed to a confirmed Covid case, please stay home!
- Anyone showing symptoms on arrival will be asked to leave.
- If you have tested positive we ask that you follow the guidelines for the minimum 5 day isolation period, and a negative antigen (at home) test before returning to campus.
- We encourage everyone to continue following basic health practices such as washing hands or using hand sanitizer while you are in the building since many people use this wonderful space!
Coming to a BMC concert? Please note:
Masks are welcome indoors at BMC concerts
Policy for singing groups:
- Proof of full vaccination is required
- Kn94, N95, KN 95 masks are required to be worn at rehearsals.
Please contact the office staff with your questions prior to arriving.
Last updated: 3/1/2023