BMC 2021-22 Safety Protocols
First and Foremost: As members of the BMC community we share responsibility for each others’ safety. We expect all staff, faculty, and families to take responsibility for actions outside the BMC that might impact our interactions at the BMC. By engaging in BMC activities you are committing to complying with all state, local, and Federal guidelines. We continue to monitor local COVID information as well as guidelines and information from state, CDC, and WHO sources and will make changes to our policies as needed to help keep us all safe.
Important update: 9/13/2021
At this time we are requiring that anyone 12 years of age or older who is/are attending lessons, classes, concerts, meetings, or other activities at the BMC present proof of full vaccination or a negative PCR test in order to participate. The PCR test should be within 72 hours of being at the BMC. Students who are not age-eligible will be asked to verify their birthdate. Please contact the BMC office if you have questions:802.257.4523
When you plan to visit the Music School you need to know the following:
- Our top priority is the safety of students, faculty and staff
- Masks are required indoors for everyone regardless of vaccination status.
- See vaccination and testing statement above
- Please wash hands or use hand sanitizer on the way to your lesson.
- If you are not feeling well we ask that you stay home!
- You should also stay home if you have been exposed to Covid or someone who has tested positive in the past 14 days, or have traveled internationally or on a cruise ship in the last 10 days.
In addition to these basic requirements, there are additional steps we are taking with wind players, brass payers, and vocalists. These include meeting outdoors whenever feasible and requiring split masks, bell covers, and limits on lesson length.
We encourage everyone to continue following basic health practices such as washing hands or using hand sanitizer while you are in the building since many people use this wonderful space!
Coming to a concert? Please note:
- Masks are required indoors regardless of vaccination status
- Proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of the event you are attending is required
Please contact the office staff with your questions prior to arriving.
Last updated: 9/13/2021