We hope that you are all staying safe and healthy!
Many of us have had to turn to the virtual world for both inspiration and education. The BMC is no exception. Our faculty are continuing to teach with various online tools and we’d love to welcome you to our student community!
Already familiar with this virtual world? Have your instrument and want to cut to the chase and start lessons? Our online inquiry form will put you in touch with our student-faculty coordinator, Raquel Moreno. She will be in touch to get you going!
Not sure and want to know more?
A few of us already had experience with online meetings or workshops but many of us are exploring this area of technology of the first time. We have an administrative staff that is happy to help you navigate the technology part of this so you can focus on the music. Here are some useful things to know:
What do I need?
- Your instrument (and yes, that includes voice!)
- Not sure it’s up to snuff? Don’t worry – we can explore that as we get you going!
- A laptop, tablet, or even cellphone can be used (laptops offer the most options)
- Windows, IOS, or Android are best. We have not had success with Linux – but if you know it well enough we might be able to find the workarounds!
- Headphones are helpful but not essential
- You do not need a fancy microphone
- Relatively quiet space for lesson time (it takes more concentration and energy at least to get going!)
- Software – all of it easy to download and some of it doesn’t need to be! We have teachers using Google hangouts, Messenger, Facetime, Zoom -there are many to try and we can help you with setup.
- a decent internet connection
- there is no exact number we can give you. Are you able to stream videos over your connection? We do know that the more people sharing the wifi the harder it gets to have good results. But let us run a test session with you rather than assuming you can’t do it!
- A sense of adventure: if you are here – you have one!
Still reading? Then it is time to sign up! At least fill out the form and let us explore the options with you!
What will it cost? Our regular lesson fees range from $33-$53 per 30-60 minute lesson. We are aware that these costs may pose challenges for some of you and our bottom line is – if you want to learn, we want to get you going. Please fill out the form and we will see what we can work out!